Friday, July 6, 2012

Don't Go Getting TOO Excited

Hello blogger world :) <--- yes, I like to pretend I have a MILLION people view and read my blog every time I post! I really don't even know where to begin, since it's been a while since I've written anything...so, I'll try and catch you up to speed before I get to the point of this post.


This little girl has kept her daddy and me on our toes lately! She gets into absolutely EVERYTHING, all the time. Thankfully, we were blessed with a happy kid (most of the time), who keeps us laughing. *WARNING: I'm about to go into bragging mommy mode...bare with me* I know I've said since the beginning that we had a talker on our hands, but I AM SERIOUS...this kid talks non-stop...and she's got a very good vocabulary, especially for her age. I tried writing down all the words and phrases she knew, but I stopped after 60! She'll probably get in trouble in school for her excessive talking...no clue where she gets that from ;)




Last month we went to the beach with Brads family. There were about 30 of us (give or take a few), spread out in about 12 hotel rooms. It was a great week...a much needed vacation for us. Avery WAS NOT a fan of the ocean, but she did enjoy playing in the sand, and bossing people around at the pool. We got lucky with Avery and her naps, because the last 4 days we were there she napped on the beach...for like 3 hours each day...it was wonderful :) Luckily, we get another beach vacation next month.  We'll be packing up and heading down to St. George Island for a week with my family!

Speaking of Brad (ya know, I mentioned him in the last paragraph), he took his GM certification test last week and passed!!! Woohoo!!! Now, he is certified and ready to take over his own store when one becomes available! He's moved up very quickly and has done so well since beginning with Taco Mac. I'm very proud of him :)

Is everyone sitting down? Good! Yes, I'm STILL running! I haven't been as consistent as I've wanted to be, but I haven't given up. I mean, it's HOT outside y'all. It's actually become a time for me to clear my head, and it's become more enjoyable. My goal is to run in a 5k this fall sometime...and by run in it I mean, actually run the ENTIRE distance. I know I'd be able to finish the race, but I want to be able to run the entire distance, and still not want to pass out and die when it's over. We'll see...I'll keep you posted on that.

Now, don't go getting all excited and everything, BUUUUUTTT I think I'm ready for baby #2. I'm not sure if i'm really ready, or if this little chunk-a-lunk (see pic below) has given me baby fever, but I've thought about it...A LOT lately.


Wesson is almost 8 months old already, and he is the cutest, squishiest, most adorable little baby (even if he does look EXACTLY like his dad). Avery's even gotten to where she doesn't care when I hold him, and willingly shares her toys with him...especially if he starts to cry...it's the cutest thing. I probably just need to borrow Wesson for a weekend. I'm sure my want for another baby will disappear afterwards :) Don't worry, I'm waiting it out (I've got a time frame in my head as to when I want to begin trying)...BUT after my experience with having Avery, I really thought i'd never be ready, and I would have to be convinced to do it again. So, i'm making progress!

Well, I think that about sums up the last few months for us. Thanks for toughing it out and surviving my scattered brained, random post. Have a great weekend :)

Love,
LG

No comments:

Post a Comment