Thursday, January 19, 2012

Avery's 1st Birthday

Well, it's official...I now have a 1 year old on my hands! Saturday was Avery's 1st birthday, and we spent the entire day celebrating. As crazy as it might sound, Avery ended up having 2 parties Saturday. The first one was her "Winter ONEderland" party with our immediate family and friends, and the second one was her family party that was hosted by my mother-in-law. We had about 24 adults and 6 kids at the first party, and about 27 adults and 7 kids (not counting me, Brad, or Avery at either) at her second party...so as you can see, we didn't have a place large enough to just have one large party. The two parties worked out well though. Avery got about a 2 hour nap in between and we got lunch and dinner :). Here are some of my favorite pictures from the day...


Avery's "Winter ONEderland" cake

she wasn't quite sure what to think of everyone when she first got to her party

but then she warmed up...

she was very excited about the SpongeBob wrapping paper

playing with Braelyn

helping Gran take care of Wesson

walking around with Grammy G

playing with Peyton

climbing on the presents...didn't care to open them

Raylan & Brad having some guy talk

everyone singing "Happy Birthday" at her second party

Avery & Alyssa checking out new toys

mommy & daddy were exhausted


Opening presents at Nana's house


Hard to believe she's already one and such a little person! We have her 12 month check-up next week, so I'll update then with her official "stats". On the un-official side, she is not quite walking yet. She walks all over the place if she has something to push around, but she's a little timid about letting go. She does love to crawl into the middle of the floor and then stand up...but she expects you to say good job and clap for her when she does. She says "mama", "dada", "axxxx" (Max...she thinks all dogs are called max...we're working on this), "nana" (Brad's grandmother), "buba" (Brad's dad), "baba" (bottle), "hat", "bye-bye", "did it", "pongebob" (spongebob), and "elmo"....that's all I can think of right now, I'm sure I'm missing some. It cracks me up when she looks me dead in the face and says a full sentence (none of which I can understand), and then expect me to respond to her...so cute.

What a quick year...it's been a lot of fun...and very trying at times too, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Here's to many many many more years with my precious Avery Cayden.

No comments:

Post a Comment