This time I knew the routine. I got undressed, put the hospital gown on, and let the nurse hook me up to the prenatal heart rate monitor. After the blood work and laying low for a few hours my blood pressure still wouldn't go back down, as it had done the previous time. The nurse walked in and said "how do you feel about being induced tonight"? Brad immediately said "Holy s**t", which caused us all to laugh. The nurse said since I was so close to my due date (I was 39 weeks and 1 day) that my Dr. didn't want to take any chances and thought it was time to get the baby out, since my blood pressure wasn't cooperating. I was told to go home, get my stuff, relax, EAT, and then to be back at 9:30 that night. Brad and I just kinda looked at each other. The time was here...I mean, we knew it could be any day now, but it was still pretty surreal...we were going to meet our little girl SOON!
We left the hospital and called our families. We went home and packed (of course we hadn't done this yet), got everything ready for Max to stay at Brad's parents, and installed the car seat. We took Max to Brad's parents house and then went to dinner with this family. I didn't really have an appetite, but the nurse had made me promise I'd eat something since once I was admitted I wouldn't be allowed to have any food until after the baby was born. We left dinner and went to my parents house. My mom decided to ride up to the hospital with us. I was admitted and given a room...still in disbelief that I was going to be a mommy sometime in the very near future! I was induced and given some medicine to help me sleep, and that was the beginning of our crazy journey of getting Avery into this world safe and sound.
Tomorrow Avery will be 1! We are so blessed to have such a perfect and healthy little girl. She is full of personality and is so much fun! I know the years are only going to go by faster and faster, which is really hard to believe, since this year went by fast enough, but I cannot wait to celebrate tomorrow with our family and friends. I will be sure to post pictures and blog about her big day, but for now here are some picture from last year :)
![]() |
| I took this picture the night before I was induced...39 weeks exactly |
| Avery Cayden was finally here :) |
| My precious little girl...it's hard to remember her being this little |


No comments:
Post a Comment